Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23rd, 2009

.:Just another weekend in Roadieville:.

Hey there.
Long time no talk.

Many of you keep asking,
"Jes, what do you even do every day?"

While the answer to that is far more complicated than I care to go into, I will tell you the tale of our typical roadie weekends.

Saturday was spent wandering around dowtown San Diego with Brian, Kelsey, Bert, and M'lyssa. We took the trolley in and as soon as we were off it, Bert announces that he has lost his phone. Yup. He and Brian take off down the street in hopes of catching it but ended up epically failing. Bert was probably the calmest of us all. We then proceeded to head to Urban Outfitter...ick.

After 45 minutes of me complaining about hot disgustingly over priced the place was, we finally headed out to Sam Goody. The greatest thing about this Sam Goody was the fact that it had 3 levels to it. After that we went and ate a T.G.I Fridays. Then we caught the trolley home. I feel so weird calling it the trolley. I actually typically don't. I fight everyone in the house and call it the train. We got back home around 10:30pm. Bert and I stayed up on the boys floor and watched the complete novel version of The Outsiders. Half way through I joined Amy, Andrew, and Jen and went to the gas station where I bought nachoes, orange juice, and a red bull (am I boring you yet?). After Ousiders I stayed up another 2 hours reading comic books.

Today. Oh boy today.
Today I made it a point to sit down and talk with the people I have yet to really talk to. Surprisingly enough there are quite a few. In a house full of 60 people you have a tendency to gravitate towards a repetative groups. Today I talked to Taylor for a while which was nice. Taylor and I talked non stop on FB before we came out here. It funny how that changes a bit once you get out here. Anyways, yeah talked to Taylor for a while. Before that I took a nap on the guys' couch. Surprisingly enough the guys floor is quieter than the girls floor. ANYWAYS. Kelsey and I went out to Shaky's Pizza with Clark and Brenden. Oh my goodness. Shaky's is pretty much a Chucky Cheese without the rat. Clark, Brendan, and I became obsessed with winning a a Flash doll.


We took the trolley back home and had a house meeting. Then I sat on the couch and read books with John and Becky. John just so happens to be one of my new favorite people . He's freakin hilarious and has one of the most contagious laughs. We managed to devour half a package of oreos in the span of 5 minutes. So basically John rocks hardcore. Now I'm sitting on the couch with Chad, talking to Clark about musicals and comic books.

1 comment:

  1. a conversation about musicals and comics sounds like the most amazing convo ever. glad you're having fun :D

    ReplyDelete