Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26th, 2009

.:We have no thermometer on what it takes to end a war:.

I will start with this.
Laren Poole is one of the most brilliant men I have ever had the great pleasure of meeting.

I'm not sure how much I am allowed to reveal concerning the "objective" of this tour.
So I'll play it safe and just tell you that it is effin HUGE.
I can hardly wrap my brain around it and I've had 3 weeks to adapt to it.
This IS our moonshot.

For years we have talked about how badly we to end to this war.
We had no clue where to begin.
We had no clue as to what our role in this was.

We had a Movement meeting today where we finally discussed in full length what it is that we will be doing in just 2 weeks.
Not in the "this is how a tour goes" way, but a "this is how your tour will go" way.
I am sure that every single tour that has gone before us has felt the same way my class does now.
I'm starting to realize how much of a daunting task the spring 09 roadies had when they realized The Rescue was to take place.

For years we have talked about how badly we need to end this war.
We had no clue where to begin.
We had no clue as to what our role in this was.

Now we do.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this makes me want to meet you THAT. MUCH. MORE. <3 October, come FASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a huge responsibility on your hands.
    I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete